Fall is all about cooler weather, changing leaves and most importantly Pumpkin flavored everything! The pumpkin craze is sweeping the nation and more items every day are featuring a limited-time-only pumpkin flavor! So what better way to spend a Fall Saturday morning than with some homemade Pumpkin Spice flavored pancakes!
What you’ll need:
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon white sugar
• 2 teaspoons of baking powder
• 1 teaspoons of baking soda
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 cup pumpkin puree
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon ground ginger
• ½ teaspoon ground allspice
• 1 egg
• 1 ½ cups milk
• 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
• 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
• 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
1. Combine flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl, and whisk together for two minutes to aerate.
2. In a separate bowl, combine pumpkin puree, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, egg, milk, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix in the flour mixture, and stir just until moistened. (Do not overmix)
3. Coat skillet with 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil over medium heat
4. Pour batter into skillet ¼ cup at a time and cook the pancakes until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
Recipe found at http://allrecipes.com/recipe/219167/chef-johns-pumpkin-pancakes/
With Labor Day just a few days away, it is official…summer is coming to an end.
Hopefully you finished filling your bucket list, because as the fun of summer sets in the distance the fun of the new school year rises.
It seems like it wasn’t that long ago that the start of school was a combination of the excitement of back to school shopping and the anxiety of a new classroom.
Things are different now, aren’t they? This year there might not be a new wardrobe coming (and if there is it’s filled with Lumberjacks gear) and you’re in a new classroom every hour.
This year anxiety is replaced with just excitement. This is your year. This year, you can do anything. Set your goals high and achieve them. Then, set them higher and watch as you impress even yourself.
There’s a new year in front of you and we are here to help you have the full Northern Arizona University student housing experience while you are in Flagstaff!
Be sure to check out our September events calendar in the office to get your year off to an exciting start!
Every time summer gets here, we can’t wait to get our bucket list made that will include all our best adventures for the summer, trying out new things, and living life carefree. With less than 30 days left of summer, for most of us, now is the perfect time to fit in any last minute bucket list items you had! Summer ’17 has been all about time spent with family and friends, preparing ourselves for the upcoming school year, and doing things we never thought possible last summer. All in all, it has been one for the books! Time to go out with a bang!
1. Here are a few last minute bucket list items you can add to your impressive list-
2. Enjoy live music at your county or state fair
3. Cook everything on a grill & invite your friends over for a fun night
4. Take a nap in a hammock
5. Watch/catch the fireflies at dusk
6. Take a family (or friends) photo just because
7. Do a three-day technology detox (that means no social media!)
8. Read 3 books off the NYT best seller’s list
9. Fly a kite
10. Clean out your closet and declutter around the house
11. Take a trip to the zoo or aquarium
12. Attend a baseball game & splurge on the good seats
13. Dance in the rain instead of running inside to avoid it
14. Have an all-day Netflix move marathon
15. Volunteer locally
For more bucket list items, take a look here https://www.pinterest.com/explore/summer-bucket-lists/?lp=true